Vegetable Sources for MSM Powder Alternative
As I'm sure you know that for energizing our body cells, there should be nutrients in the form of vitamins, minerals and other useful acids as prescribed to us by Physicians. These nutrients should be absorbed by the body system first to make full use of them.
This is because there are a variety of toxins that get accumulated inside the blood which prevent the active absorption of nutrients as a routine function. The antibodies are meant to prevent viruses and bacteria from getting into the system by mistake but this mechanism is so devised that it does not distinguish good from the bad and it pushes out anything it encounters.
To neutralize this function, the doctors use an activation aid called MSM (if you want the tongue twisting scientific term, okay here it is, Methylsulfonylmethane). This is a form of sulfur supplement derived originally from vegetables by industrial processing. In fact, every human body has all the ingredients in the blood and body cells including sulfur as the third largest component but the quantity and concentration that is found in one's body varies from individual to individual. Troubles start only when the sulfur that is supposed to be there is not sufficient or not doing its assigned performance properly.
It is said that MSM Powder Can Do the Following Wonders for Improving our Overall Health
For maintenance and repair of body systems, we need nature's vitamins and rich nutritious fresh food daily. MSM often taken, under advice and prescription by a physician after asserting the deficiencies, can help a lot in the absorption and full utilization of all the nutrients.
- By helping food nutrients and cleansing the toxins, the growth of the body cells increases spectacularly and thereby it enhances the overall energy. Especially in diabetics, MSM is very helpful in energy conversion as required.
- The stress and over work of organs like kidneys is vastly relieved by taking MSM on the condition that it is taken with a good amount of water for purification from the bad toxins.
- After exercising for a long time, MSM helps in fast recuperation of energy.
- Muscular aches and body pains are relieved by taking MSM.
- Inflammation of injuries and inflammatory diseases like arthritis are reduced greatly.
- Taken together with Vitamin C and water, MSM helps build new cells, and cures runny noses.
- For eliminating allergies, MSM is proven to be very helpful.
- Hormonal imbalances and the consequent muscle pain, cramps and headaches are reduced – especially for women during menstrual periods.
Apart from healthcare, ladies will be happy to know that MSM helps a lot with beauty care as well. Prescribed dosages of MSM can do wonders in driving away wrinkles, maintaining a soft and shiny skin, beautiful hair and finger nails.
Along with plants like broccoli and cauliflower, Brussels sprouts are members of the cabbage family, a good source of sulphur, which is said to help both with blood circulation and skin problems. Brussels sprouts are also a good source of vitamin C.
Cabbage is also a good source of sulphur and so this vegetable is said to help with blood circulation as well. It is also a source of calcium, phosphorus, chlorine, iodine, sodium, and potassium.
Another member of the cabbage family, cauliflower is a good source of fiber and sulfur. Cauliflower itself does not contain a lot of calcium, but the greens around the cauliflower do.
You Can Say No to Spirulina by Taking Nature's First Foods
The most common health problems amongst people are – diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, arthritis, and migraine headache. Many of these people who suffer from these conditions have been advised by their physicians a certain medication and diet, but mind you the medication and diets recommended only CONTROL the disorders within tolerable limits and never ELIMINATE the causes of the ailments whatsoever.
Hence, it becomes obvious that unless you eat the right food, you will never be healthy. The food that you take should cleanse your inner systems thoroughly, build your body's cells and blood cells and also PREVENT any diseases.
And usually this is when dieticians and nutritionists come in and analyze the body's conditions thoroughly and recommend food supplements to off-set certain deficiencies. One such food supplement popularly advertised is Spirulina capsules and powder.
What is Spirulina?
Let us see what it is all about. Spirulina is basically an alga, found first in Mexico and Africa, growing in the volcanic lakes. It was stumbled upon by chance. Further, medical researchers found that it contained a large quantity of amino acids and some other micronutrients essential for human body. The commercialization of ‘Spirulina’ began with a bang, as the food processing industry giants in the corporate sector seized the opportunity, seeing the sales potential gold mine.
The Recommendation of Spirulina
Today Spirulina is recommended as a food supplement – for anti-cancer prescription owing to its carotene content, strengthening the immune system, for growth of blood cells and bone marrow, and general health improvement for its richness in chlorophyll and amino acids.
Basic Raw Food Instead of Spirulina
Now coming back to the basic fact that what one eats decides the body's health and functioning, as also confirmed by the entire medical fraternity in their prescribing the ‘diets’, it is quite clear and transparent that if one takes the right food, there is no necessity for spending money on these supplements for most healthy people (except for perhaps B12).
The following is the list of food items that physicians are unanimous about avoiding:
- Junk food: anything commercially produced and marketed by adding rich flavors and chemicals to enhance shelf life, all the chemically processed ‘food supplements’ including Spirulina come only under this category
- Meat – in any form, toasted, grilled, fried and baked;
- White bread, cakes, chocolates, and such other bakery items;
- Dairy items like butter, cheese, milk with fat and all items made of these things.
If we eliminate the above poisonous items, what remains? Yes – by all means and measured by any yardsticks, it is Nature's First Food that are most suitable for the human body. Our physique is so designed to get all the nutrients for itself from raw food, Nature's gift to us. Vegetables (preferably organic), fresh Fruits, Nuts, Seeds, tender coconut juice and pure natural Honey – are the top raw foods one can take for optimum health.
The replacement of a food supplement like Spirulina can be successfully achieved by eating fresh Papaya – green vegetables, and by having fruits and fruit juices every day during breakfast, a handful of sprouted seeds, fresh carrot juice.
However, if your lifestyle does not permit it, there is no harm in taking Spirulina as an addition to a proper well-balanced diet, but not as a replacement. Please note that these are basic recommendations but by all means if you are not feeling the best you are, it is also very important to consult your physician or a professional in the medical field.
How to Get the Same Benefits of Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat Germ oil is extracted as a derivative from the germ of wheat kernel processed and packed for commercial sale.
The botanical name of Wheat Germ Oil is Triticum Vulgare. The aroma is strong and the properties are dark color, usually unrefined and thick in viscosity, antioxidant and highly sensitive. The shelf life is stated to be 6 to 8 months but the oil easily gets degraded in quality when exposed to high temperature. The usage must therefore be careful not to heat up the oil.
Because of its thickness and odor, applying it directly on the skin is not advisable, but instead it can be blended with other carrier oils for increasing the shelf life. The medical and cosmetic usages of Wheat Germ oil are detailed below:
A Few Important Items for Beautiful Skin:
- A food supplement for offsetting the nutrient deficiencies, Wheat Germ Oil can enhance the performance of physical exercises, and the fatty acids stimulate functioning of the body cells and the overall health. (Please consult your physician for any deficiencies).
- Wheat Germ Oil is rich in vitamins B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6, Folic acid, Vitamins A, D, and E.
- The cosmetic use of Wheat Germ oil plays a greater role in skin care and beautification. As a medicine for the following skin conditions it is very effective:
- Cracked and dry skin
- Stretch marks
- Premature ageing of skin
- Dull complexion of skin
- Burns of any type including sunburn
- Tiredness of muscles by over exertion
- Scars created by wounds
- Blood circulation to the skins and its related parts being poor.
- Dry skin cure – sunflower seeds – Vitamin F
- To have youthful skin – Kale, Spinach, peaches, parsley, seeds, nuts, dates, cantaloupe, broccoli, bananas, avocado, apricots – Potassium
- Anti-aging – peppers, grapefruits, cherries, blackberries, apricots, pulps and skins of all fruits – Bioflavinoids
- Removing wrinkles – for making a paste and outside application – wheat germ, blackstrap molasses
- Premature aging prevention and wound healing – walnuts, spinach, peas, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, – Pantothenic acid
- Skin color change and growth of cells – walnuts, raisins, mushrooms, bananas, almonds – Biotin
Added with this, a balanced amount of sun-tanning for Vitamin D and a lot of pure water to drink will make your skin glow.
By TTS Cofounder Botanical Chef Omid Jaffari